Friday, November 26, 2010

New Blogger

Hello everyone! So this is my first time blogging ever. I wasn't really sure if I wanted to do this but my sister convinced me that I should. I figured for my first post I would explain the title of my blog. The title "New Creation" comes from my favorite bible verse that reads "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" 2 Corinthians 5:17. It was the theme verse for a camp I went to two summers ago. The whole week was about remixing your life and how God was giving us a redo if we had messed up. The last night of worship, the girl who was giving the sermons had just been talking about the verse again and saying how we all had messed up but God wanted us to come back to him, to take advantage of our redo. We had a reflection time and they played the song Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone) and everyone (including me) just started bawling. It doesn't sound like much but it was such a powerful sermon reminding us of how much God loved us and how much he missed those who had strayed from him.

I was going to name the blog "All You Have to do is Listen" but I figured that was too long. That is part of a quote from one of my favorite movies August Rush. The whole quote (and also just one of my favorite quotes in life) is "Music is all around us, all you have to do is listen". It's just a reminder of how powerful music is and how we can find it even in the darkest times and places of our lives.

I won't be writing about anything specific on here, in fact I'm not sure what I will be writing about at all but I know I will be posting my pictures so I'm hoping you will follow me!

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome!!! Can't wait to see what you do with this :)

    ReplyDelete